I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food. ~ W.C. Fields
#foodporn is the new cool hashtag. Each of us who have Instagram accounts have at least one photo with that hashtag. We go to artsy restaurants, check out reviews on Zomato, write reviews and upload pics there too, all with the intention of sharing our classy love for food with the world.
For me, going to a restaurant is like a ritual. And these are the all-crucial steps I must follow to make it a complete ritual:
- Check the menu on Zomato. Remember names of dishes I want to try out. Look at the right hand side of the menu too, and accordingly adjust budget for the month.
- Check out Google Maps. See if the restaurant is near college/station/home. Find out bus routes/walking distance. No Uber for me. I have to lose the calories I will gain! 😛
- Arrive at the restaurant, with mobile charged 100%. Don’t speak to anyone, jump on the table for two, where I can hopefully sit alone. Choose seat where I can face a wall, and ignore eye contact with other mortals.
- Order dish. Pay money. Say thank you.
- Take spoon in hand, almost dig into dish, and then realise I have to take a pic. Click thousand pics, all with horrible angles and lighting. Search for perfect pic later on, after finishing the dish and realising there’s not one good pic in those thousand pics.
- Enjoy dish. Write down thoughts about dish, hence preparing a rough format for Zomato review. Act like I know all the flavours in the dish, even though I’m mistaking cardamom for cinnamon.
- Leave restaurant happy, with stomach full, phone full and notebook full.
Today, I won’t be doing three tips. Instead, I’ll be sharing with you three food blogs that are pretty amazing according to me.
- Pikturenama, and it’s Food blog section. I love this blog, because it has beautiful travel stories, foodie tales and brilliant images, which adds to the whole experience of reading a food blog.
- Something is Cooking, by Shalini @kohleyedme has all the recipes you’ll need to keep your tummy full for a really long time!
- Call me a weirdo, but I love watching the Buzzfeed Worth It videos, featuring Steven, Andrew and Adam. No points for guessing who my favourite reviewer is 😉
Wassup, happy readers! This post is written for the #AtoZChallenge, and this is the third year I’m participating in this challenge. Do keep cheering me on all through this month, as I’m hell-bent on scoring a hat-trick in 2017, at the age of 18! My theme for this year is : The Encyclopedia of Blogging Memories, Feelings and Lessons.
Here’s a special question for you to answer today: Share the name of a cooking blog you always refer to. YouTube site also will do.