The weirdest part of your teenage life. Or if you are unlucky enough, of your adult life. Here’s a list of minute observations: observations which are only possible after you get those mediaeval torture devices into your mouth.
1. Chocolate is really a sinful pleasure.
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye
*maniacal crying and shouting*
2. Your inner Bugs Bunny has to be sent on an indefinite vacation.
Carrots, no no. Apples, no no. Peas? If you’re up for just swallowing them down whole, then you’re welcome to eat them.
3. Noodles have really really long strands.
And maybe that’s why you’ll have to mash them up into tiny bits, or else you’ll risk swallowing something more than just noddles. (hint-wires or brackets)
4. Ice cream is more than just a dessert, it’s a life saver.
But, nuts, sprinkles and chocolate chips are out of the question.
5. Some food portions were really really large, and you never noticed it.
Forget about eating food like this anymore. Everything has to be diced up neatly and into smaller-than-normal-bite-size portions.
6. Apples may keep the doctor away, but it’s a different story with the dentist.
Nope, you’re never going to play Snow White when you’ve got braces.
7. Eating breakfast within five minutes and rushing to school/college is a distant dream.
This child is surely going to beat you at the Eating Games.
8. Your tongue can really do some amazing gymnastics when there’s something stuck in your braces.
But then this seems like a cool idea too.
9. You’re probably banned from your canteen for the near future.
10. You can learn to smile a different smile: a new one in which your ugly teeth are hidden safely.
11. Monday mornings are not the only mornings with dark thoughts in your head.
12. You really were addicted to potato chips, and now you’re even willing to settle for a chip smoothie.
Never mind I’ll find someone like you, I wish nothing but the best for you…
13. You want to believe in Eminem’s lyrics more now, than ever before
14. You will never appreciate the elastic force of rubber bands till you have to place them in your mouth.
15. Your mom suffers more than you trying to figure out what you can and not eat.
Limited options, and you are NOT allowed to get bored with it.
16. You no longer laugh at people wearing braces, nor do you call them nerds.
You probably are going to start a “Brace Friends Forever” group. Or just give each other motivational messages before the dreaded visit to the orthodontist.
17. Your new hobby is not defacing people’s photos with specs or a moustache. You draw braces on them.
I hope you could relate with this post! Feel free to share any other observations that you have experienced here in the comments section or on Twitter.
Linking this post to Monday Musings at Corinne’s blog.